Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Good, The Bad & The Truth

No one I know (personally) reads my blog. That's the way I like it. I don't know if what I am about to say is "venting" or writing out my confusion with people's decisions lately. So, recently my sister's 2 best friends both found out they were pregnant (Age 21). They are both equally immature, still in their crazy party years and can barely take care of themselves. They said they forgot to use birth control. At first I felt shock, then I was thinking that safe sex is the one thing your cannot be lenient about. Okay, so not done. Today I find out my other friend (Age 23) is pregnant. You may be saying to yourself, "23, that's ok!) It reality, this friend drinks more than any friend I have, smokes 2 packs a day and has no job (still in school). I know these things, "just happen" and you cannot reverse them, but I wonder if these girls actually "forgot" the birth control. The three of them are dramatic and crave attention. Being skeptical, I wonder if these "accidents" are really legit or maybe just a simple cry for help. The miracle of life is an amazing thing, and I am not condemning their right to have a baby. It just seems fishy to me.

I don't know what to feel about it...and I don't know if I ever will until I am in their shoes. It's shocking to me though that these 3 girls, with whom I saw partying it up for at least 3 more years will be with child in 9 months. It's unknown the reasons why our lives take turns, and sometimes the turn comes to a screeching halt. Other times we are finally out of the dark tunnel and events occur that help us to see the light. Crazy events like this are sometimes a sign to chill out or just show someone consequences to their actions. It could be deeper and be a cry for help, or it's as simple as them forgetting to use birth control..... They are the only ones who know the truth.

Ugh...

No comments: