Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To Good To Be True


My best friend Ashley called me today with some good news....

The film company that works in her building may be calling me for an interview this week! WHAT????? The owner said my resume was impressive. The thing is, when stuff like this happens to me, I always get this bittersweet feeling. I am excited and overjoyed but also doubtful and psyching myself out at the same time. This job would be a dream come true.... I am not even kidding. Not only would I be working in film production, BUT I'd be working in the same building as my best friend.... Ok see what just happened?

I go off on a tangent about it get all excited then realize, "What if I DON'T get it?" It would be so heartbreaking. It's the paradox of my life. I always did say to myself when I moved out West that, "What's the worst thing that could happen?". I think I need to work on not thinking ahead and just focusing on what is occurring right now. I tend to get ahead of myself to the point where I am on a mountain looking down on myself saying, "C'mon, follow me up!" Or I'm at the bottom of looking up saying, "Erin, come down, you're not there yet".

Besides this new addition to the "job hunting extravaganza" I call my life, I am still waiting to hear about the details of the New Orleans trip. Who knows what it'll entail.

As for my social life, I haven't been this happy in a while with the people I am around. I do miss so many people from CO, but there's a certain comfortable feeling I get when I am around my sister, parents and friends from NJ. I had forgotten a lot of great conversations and points of view that they enlighten me with on a daily basis. Going away from a comfort zone is a good thing because it shows you what your made of, but I think the feeling of returning beats going away any day.

Wow, I'm extremely deep today. Maybe I should tread to shallower waters for a little bit and go watch some Food Network.

And with that a message from Bob:



I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking theres some kind of change.
Bob Dylan




...so right...all the time

1 comment:

Izzy said...

Stay positive -- and good luck!!